Tata Tigor EV at a Glance
Tata Motors got deal along with Mahindra to supply the Electric Vehicles to the Government. Tigor EV first look was displayed at Auto Expo 2018. Tigor EV have the same design as that of regular Tigor.
Tigor EV has a smaller battery to keep its price low. If the bigger battery is there it will increase the price out of budget.
Summary of Tata Tigor Electric Vehicle
- 216 Ah 16 V battery.
- and 3-Phase AC Induction Motor.
- 39.95 hp of power.
- 130 km range in one full charge.
- Top speed is 100 kph.
- With normal charger 3 hours to full charge.
- With faster charger approx 90 minutes.
- Electric motor attached to the single speed automatic transmission.
- Four / Front wheel drive.
- Blue colour on front grille.
- Climate control, key less entry, alloy wheels, push button start, infotainment system with bluetooth and etc features are present. etc.
Tata Tigor EV Preview
Regular Tata Tigor is one of the best hatchback segment and got a great success with its stylist interior, exteriors and performance.
Expected Features –
- Automatic air conditioning system.
- Premium quality upholstery.
- Good entertainment system.
- Protection system.
- Parking assist system. etc.
Tata Tigor EV Interior
- Upgraded interior trims.
- Good finishers with chrome detailing at key locations.
- Height adjust feature for driving seat.
- Adjustable headrest.
- Fordable rear seat backrest.
- Automatic air conditioning.
- Cup and bottle holders at key locations.
- Power windows.
- Air cooled glove box. etc.
Tata Tigor EV Braking and Safety
- Disc brakes at the front
- Drum brakes at the rear.
- The regenerative braking system.
- Airbags for driver and co-passengers.(depending upon the variants.)
- Central locking system with remote.
- Power windows.
- Rear seat child-safety locks.
- Parking sensors. etc.
Tata Tigor EV Exterior
- New front bumpers.
- Blue or black radiator grille.
- New headlights.
- Sleeker design of bonnet.
- Stylist fender and door panels.
- ORVMs (Outside Rear View Mirrors) with electric adjust along with integrated indicators.
- New bumper with cladding.
- Tailgate with chrome badging.
- New tail lamp.
- High-mounted stop lamps.
- New body colour options. etc.
Tata Tigor EV Engine and Transmission
- 40 kW Electric motor.
- Single-speed automatic transmission.
- Power connected to front wheels.
- 40 BHP @ 90 Nm torque.
Tata Tigor EV Handling and Performance
- Advanced technology motor.
- Long range capability.
- Power steering system
- Comfortable posture for the driver (adjustable seat)
- Clear visibility ( good illuminating headlights)
- Great suspension system. (McPherson struts with coil springs)
Tata Tigor EV Competitors
- Mahindra e2o
- Renault Kwid electric
Tata Tigor EV Specifications
- 85 kW of maximum torque.
- Range of 100 km.
- Top speed of 135 km/hr.
- 0-100 km/hr in 11 seconds.
- Less noise. (liquid cooling is provided instead of air cooling)
Tata Tigor EV ( Electric Vehicle ) Dimensions
|Ground Clearance||170 mm|
|Boot Space||419 L|
|Kerb Weight||1300 kg|
Tata Tigor EV Battery
- 85 kW electric motor. (Lithium ion batteries)
- 200 Nm of maximum torque.
- Range 100 km,
- 0-100 km/hr in 11 s.
- Top speed 135 km/hr.
Tata Tigor EV Mileage
The mileage term is not applicable for the electric vehicles. As no fuel is required for their working. It works on the electric charge. Car will work until electric charge is present. If batteries get discharge it needs recharging. It has 100 km range on full charge.
Tata Tigor Electric Design
- Front grille with smoked headlamps.
- Front fog lamps finished with chrome.
- 15 inch wheels.
- Ground clearance 170 mm.
- Wing mirrors with integrated side indicators.
- Sporty look.
- LED in tail lamps. (reduce the power consumption)
Tata Tigor Electric Versions or Variants
- Only one variant is present.
- Bells and whistles (alert system) is present.
- Tigor electric features are similar to regular XZ(O) variant.
Review of Tata Tigor EV
- Stylist features.
- Long distance capability.
- Excellent performance.
- Spacious interior.
- Good looking exterior.
- Good comfort.
- Best entertainment features.
Tata Tigor EV Launch Date and Expected Price
|Expected India Launch||2019|
|Expected Price||Rs. 10-11 Lakhs|
Stay tuned with autocrackor for all latest updates of automobile sector.